* The food bank requires a piece of identification for each of the family members you want to register on your registration form.Bring bags for your food. Thank you!
** Please note that students studying at La Cité in the following programs are not eligible for the La Cité Student Association food bank:
1. Ontario Basic Education (FBO)
3. Health Flap
The mission of the Food Bank is to provide food insecurity for students living in difficult conditions and ensure the vital need: to feed themselves.
It is possible to come for food for about three days, that is, 28 food items. Available items vary depending on availability.
Here is a list of the items normally available:
- Pasta and rice
- Canned meat and fish
- Canned and powdered soups and stews
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Cereals and groats
- Peanut Butter
- Milk / Juice
- Pasta sauces
- Beans and legumes
- Hygienic products
The EA Food Bank is located at G-0190. The building is located in the basement of Building G, but is only accessible from the basement of Building H.
We accept donations of non-perishable food to the sports complex throughout the school year.
If help from the food bank is needed and the food bank is unfortunately closed, the Ottawa Food Bank is another option. Visit their website for more information.
Join our team of volunteers and help your peers while having fun!
Volunteering at the food bank can be fun and rewarding! This is what the job is about:
- Treatment of non-perishable goods and organization of shelves
- Customer Service and Data Management
- Occasional collection of donations
- Help with the organization of special events (fundraising, food picking, etc.)
- Assistance to the food bank of the ASSO